I don’t really do New Years Resolutions, but some of what I’d like to get done this year in wargaming is:
- Add a new force for Chain of Command: from the late war British list I want to collect a force I can field as either Polish 1st Armoured Division in Normandy or NZ 2nd Division in Italy. The infantry should be pretty multi-purpose (both used Thompsons), the only real difference would be markings on vehicles I reckon.
- Collect and paint at least a 200pt force for Muskets and Tomahawks. Leaning towards Indians on this one. From there expanding into British or French should be doable in small increments.
- Bite off a decent chunk of a 2000pt Breton army for War and Conquest. Getting the whole thing done would be nice, but I don’t have tons of spare time.
- I need to expand my 28mm terrain collection. I need a couple more buildings for WW2 in Europe, some roads, rivers and maybe some trees. My club has a decent amount of terrain, but it only goes so far.
- Get more guys at the club playing Chain of Command. Currently there’s only two of us playing it regularly, although there’s at least a couple more who are either very keen or already have played a couple of games. Ideally I’d like to put on a Big CoC game some time this year.
- Play some Muskets and Tomahawks.
And the maybe list…
- Find (or write) a set of rules for 1/300th moderns that doesn’t suck.
- Some samurai in 28mm for Ronin? Depends if anyone wants to play at the club. Who wouldn’t want to put some samurai and ninjas on the table, surely? We’ll see…